Wedding Cakes Terms & Conditions
Wedding Cakes Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions for Wedding and Tier Cakes
This document (together with any other document referred to in it) sets out the terms and conditions upon which we sell and supply the goods and/or services (“the Goods”) listed on the website (“Website”) to you.
These terms and conditions should be read together with our General Terms and Conditions and the Website Terms and Conditions. Terms and conditions particular for Wedding and Tier Cakes, take precedence over the General and Website Terms and Conditions.
Before confirming your order please:
read through these terms and conditions (“Terms & Conditions”) and our cancellation policy below; and
Print a copy of the Terms & Conditions for future reference.
- All our cakes are home made by our own chefs so you can cut out the middle man and have complete confidence in your creation!
- Please be aware of the following information.
- Each of our tiers contain four layers of sponge and three layers of buttercream. The sponge flavor of each tier must be the same as should the filing. However, each tier can have a different flavour of sponge and buttercream filling.
- If you choose to go with the buttercream covering please be aware this will be vanilla flavoured buttercream.
- All cakes have a 3 day shelf life from the date of delivery/collection and can be kept at room temperature for up to 4 hours after which it must be refrigerated. Cakes should not be kept in temperatures exceeding 23 degrees celsius.
- Our tiered cakes contain supportive dowelling which should be removed before eating. The tiers should be taken apart for slicing.
- We do offer a gluten free chocolate sponge option, but unfortunately the sponge can only be for cakes up to 8 inches (diameter).
- Our cakes are made in a kitchen that handles nuts and alcohol. We can make nut and alcohol free cakes on request, but we cannot guarantee that there will not be traces of nuts and alcohol. Unfortunately, we cannot accept liability for customers suffering from allergic reactions from eating our cakes. Please discuss dietary requirements/allergies with our wedding consultant/ pastry chef at the time of consultation.
We have a number of beautiful designs available on our website and our wedding consultants/ pastry chefs will be happy to assist you with a bespoke tier cake to achieve the perfect look for you. Do consider elements such as your venue, gown, colour scheme and placement of the cake. Do bring along to the consultation anything you think may be of use in helping your decision. We’d love to see the colour swatches, pictures of your venue and wedding dress designs!
Generally all wedding and tier cakes feature ribbon around the base cake plaque – we have a selection of ribbons in store from which you may choose to match the decoration or overall look.
Bespoke designs or customization will be priced upon request. We can provide the following types of decoration:
- Edible imagery
- Hand painting
- placement of toppers e.g. figurines, iced decorations or flower plaques*
All bespoke or customised decoration is priced dependent on the number of tiers to be decorated and complexity of the decoration.
We can source the flowers for decoration or the topper flower plaque, but it is recommended that your florist provides the flowers to ensure a match with your other flower decorations.
We have a selection of cake and cup cake stands available to purchase or hire. Please do ask at the consultation about our selection and prices. The purchase or hiring of a cake stand must be arranged at least 4 weeks in advance of the collection/delivery date.
The cost of hiring a cake stand starts from £60 with a refund of £30 being given if the cake stand is returned undamaged, to our store at 44 Theobalds Road, London WC1X 8NW within 72 hours of the event.
Do check with your venue to see if they can provide a cake stand.
We have 2 methods of ordering wedding / tier cakes:
- Order from our beautiful range of cakes appearing on our website which has been specially created for our online store – but only up to 3 tiers; or
- Come in for a personal consultation for a bespoke or customized cake.
We will always try our best to accommodate all orders but we cannot guarantee a particular date without confirmation of availability and capacity from our chefs. The minimum order time for online or consultation orders is 4 weeks from the event date.
By placing your order, you are agreeing to our Terms and Conditions.
Ordering from our specially designed range on our website
Our customers can simply choose from our beautiful selection of special cake designs on our website on the following terms:
designs are not customable
the cake must have 3 or less tiers
the full price for the cake must be paid when the ordering process is completed.
These cakes can be ordered without a personal consultation by contacting us by emailing us at Cakes@beas.london or calling our online shop on 020 7242 8330.
Within 72 hours of placing your online order, you will receive a call back to confirm the details of your order and confirmation of price. Your order is not confirmed until the details and price are confirmed and the call back is completed.
If you require a more bespoke design or more tiers, please do join us for a personal consultation.
Ordering during or after a Personal Consultation
A personal consultation should be arranged where you wish to create a bespoke cake for your special occasion or if you would like to customize any of the wedding/tier cakes appearing on our website or if you wish to have 4 or more tiers.
A consultation should be arranged as early as possible to ensure that the bakery has sufficient availability and capacity. The minimum order time for orders taken through consultation is 4 weeks prior to the date of the event.
Personal consultations take place at one of our bakeries and are designed for 2 people to taste a selection of sponges and buttercream or other icing over a maximum of 1 hour free of charge.
When your order is placed, a 50% non-refundable deposit will need to be paid 8 weeks before the date, with the balance to be paid at least 4 weeks before the delivery/collection date of your cake(s). Your order is not confirmed and will not proceed until the deposit has been paid.
Alterations to Orders
If you would like any alterations to the original order of your cake(s), this can be done, no later than 3 weeks before the collection/delivery date. Please note that changes may result in additional costs being quoted and charged and we cannot guarantee that the requested changes can be accommodated.
Any changes to the original order must be made in writing or by email, 3 weeks before the date of the event or delivery/collection, whichever is the earlier and agreed in writing or by email by Bea’s of Bloomsbury.
If cancellation occurs:
- within 8 weeks of the collection/delivery date: no refund will be issued;
- 8 weeks or more before the collection/delivery date: 50% of the full amount can be refunded.
Unfortunately, if fondant decorations or edible images have already been made, we cannot refund this cost.
In the unlikely event that we have to cancel your order, we will provide as much notice as possible and discuss alternatives. If alternative suggestions do not fit with your plans, a full refund will be given.
We accept payment via credit card, debit card or BACs payment direct to our bank account at HSBC (Sort code: 400328; Account no:02747472).
Collection, delivery and Set Up
Wedding and tier cakes, with 3 or less tiers, may only be collected from our bakery at 44 Theobalds Road, London WC1X 8NW.
At the time of collection:
A photo of the cake will be taken by our staff; and
the customer, or person collecting the cake on behalf of the customer, will be required to sign the delivery note, confirming that the cake is in good condition and not damaged.
Damage to or loss of a cake after collection is not the responsibility of Bea’s of Bloomsbury.
Please note that wedding cakes are heavy and delicate and often with several tiers, so we recommend that transport is carefully considered and planned. We recommend that the vehicle is air-conditioned (temperature should not exceed 23 degrees Celsius) and that there is a passenger to hold the cake steady.
Delivery and Set up
We are happy to deliver and/or set up any size of wedding or tier cake, subject to availability and a charge will be made, dependent on the distance from our bakery at 44 Theobalds Road, London WC1X 8NW and the complexity of the set up of the cake at the venue. Delivery and/or set up should be agreed at the time the order is confirmed.
Delivery and set up by our Pastry Chef is required for all cakes of 4 or more tiers and will be quoted for separately, having regard to transport and time estimated to undertake the set up.
If you choose to have your cake delivered by Bea’s of Bloomsbury, we will ensure safe delivery to the venue.
Once a delivery date and time is agreed, the following will be required from you:
- that the date and time is confirmed by you and the venue;
- we are provided with the name and contact details of the person at the venue who will accept delivery of the cake and confirm safe delivery;
- Bea’s delivery staff will photograph the cake at the time of delivery as evidence of its condition at delivery; and
- The person accepting delivery of the cake will sign the delivery note confirming that the cake is undamaged and in good condition.
You shall be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the details provided by you during the order process and we will not accept an order unless all details requested from you have been entered correctly
Once the cake has been delivered, the full responsibility for the safety and storage of the cake is with the customer and/or venue and Bea’s of Bloomsbury will not be liable for any damage to or loss of the cake
Deliveries to venues outside Central London are dependent on availability and an additional charge will be invoiced to the customer dependent on the distance from the bakery.
If, for any reason, the delivery cannot be accepted at the agreed time and location and we are unable to contact the customer or the person designated to accept the cake, we will take your order back and retain it for the next 24 hours during which time you can call us to request re-delivery at an additional charge or to arrange personal collection from our bakery at 44 Theobalds Road, London WC1X 8NW.
Pastry Chef set up
Where the wedding or tier cake is being set up by the Pastry Chef at the venue, the customer will provide to us in writing, at least 2 weeks before the delivery and set up, clear instructions concerning the following:
- the name and contact details of the person meeting them at the venue;
- the facilities available for the set up e.g. refrigeration facilities, air conditioning in reception room etc
- the time when the cake will be placed in the wedding reception room.
- The name and contact details of the person at the venue taking receipt of the cake when the set up is finished.
Bea’s of Bloomsbury delivery staff will photograph the cake when they have finished the set up, as evidence of its condition when the set up has been completed.
In the unlikely event that the cake is damaged either during delivery or during the Chef’s set up, Bea’s of Bloomsbury will make every effort to rectify any damage or loss. Where the customer is not satisfied with the condition of the cake following set up in these circumstances, the customer should provide photographic evidence of the condition of the cake within 48 hours of the event, if you wish to claim a refund or replacement.
In the event that a cake is damaged beyond repair either during delivery or during the chef set up and a substitute cake cannot be provided in time for the event, we will be happy to offer a full refund of the price of the cake and delivery charge, following proof of the damage and return of the cake.
It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that, following collection, delivery and/or set up, the cake is stored or displayed in accordance with the instructions under the heading “Our Cakes”.
Bea’s of Bloomsbury cannot accept any responsibility for damage of or loss to a cake after it has been collected, delivered and/or set up.